Sunday, June 5, 2011

SOCIAL STUDIES REPORTS- PLEASE READ


Dear Parents and Students,
This week we will work on our Social Studies Country Reports. I’m requesting that each student acquire a tri-paneled (3 sections) display board as soon as possible.  (You can buy one at Staples for $8.49).  The work will be done mostly at home. The projects are due next week, Wednesday.

I’m attaching to the Homework Log a sample for mapping out the information you’ve gathered; I've outlined what is expected to be included. The work should either be written VERY neatly, or typed. You may print out pictures to display. If you do not have access to a colored printer, please email me the pictures you’d like printed, and I will print them for you. The posters will be on display next week, and remain displayed for the recital.

Also, please prepare a list of ingredients needed to make the recipe you chose (you can check countryreports.org for recipe ideas). We will need to get the ingredients so we can make the dishes in school. (Please see form attached to Homework Log.)

I will share whatever books I borrowed from the Public Library and school library in case it is needed; If I did not find books on your particular country, I suggest taking a trip to your local library, and/or looking back at the countryreports.org website for any missing information. In addition, basic facts can be found in your Math Student Reference Book in the World Tour Section.

Good Luck! PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS!
Wishing you a “Chag Samayach”,
   Morah Nechama Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment